Regency at Northampton Regency at Northampton
 
 
Welcome
 
 
Members
 
 
 
 
 
 
About Us

NORTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP PROFILE
 
 
Northampton Township is a growing suburban community with approximately 40,000 residents. The 26 square mile municipality is located 12 miles northeast of Philadelphia, PA. The first Europeans to come to the township were English immigrants who arrived with William Penn in the late 1600’s. It was these settlers who named the area after Northamptonshire, a small village outside of London. The township was incorporated in 1722.
 
Northampton Township was always a farming community, with just a few settlements near crossroads or mills. Not until the late 1800’s did the villages of Richboro and Churchville grow, as retired farmers decided to build “in town”.
 
Residents of Northampton Township enjoy not only its rural and historical character, but also an excellent school system, first rate municipal services, and superb medical facilities. Despite a full range of services, the local government has held the line on taxes. Northampton Township has one of the lowest municipal tax rates, water, and sewer rates in the county.
 
 
REGENCY AT NORTHAMPTON HISTORY
 
 
Regency now sits on land that was previously known as the Morrissey Tract; a 300 +/- acre farm tract owned by the James Morrissey family.  Despite an agreement of sale between Morrissey and Toll Brothers, Northampton Township started condemnation proceedings in order to find a site for a second high school.  This led to years of contentious legal proceedings among Toll, the Township, and other interested parties.  
 
Toll eventually took ownership of a portion of the Morrissey Tract and in 2000 began planning the community to be named “Northampton Gate”.  Over the months that the plans were before the various Township committees, important changes were incorporated: the most significant were the construction of Rock Way, the re-configuration of St. Leonard’s Road, and the movement of the clubhouse from the original location (the Keenan cul-de-sac) to its current location.  Eventually, all parties were heard, compromises were made, and various changes were incorporated into the final plans.  The Township granted approval to Toll, and construction began in 2001.
 
Along the way the community’s name was changed from “Northampton Gate” to “Regency at Northampton, A Planned Community”, and eventually to “Regency at Northampton Community Association”.
 
Toll’s plans originally called for the construction of 249 homes, but the final result was 109 single family homes and 107 carriage townhouses in 21 buildings, for a total of 216 homes.  The plans also called for a clubhouse, outdoor pool, bocce court, and a walking trail.  Toll began the home construction phase with the single-family homes (identified on the plans as the “senior cottages”) before beginning construction of the townhouses (known as the “carriages”).  Toll first built the single-family models (25, 31 & 37 Keenan Lane).  The carriage models followed two years later (294 – 296 Sydney Road).  The first single home settled on December 10, 2002 (25 Nathaniel Road, lot 205) and the first carriage home settled on October 27, 2004 (273 Sydney Road, lot 33).
 
Toll’s marketing plan called for the offering of several models with multiple variations.  Buyers of the single-family homes chose among models including the Bayhill, Monaco, San Remo, and Prestwick.  Carriage buyers chose among the Annapolis, Bristol, Bryn Athyn, Grandview, and Strathmere.  
 
March 23, 2006 was an important day for Regency with the settlement of the 162nd home (251 Sydney Road, lot 25).  At this time, we became “masters of our own destiny” as our governing documents declare that control of the Board of Directors would pass from the Declarant Toll to the community once 75% of the homes were sold.  Three of the five Board members were now from the community while Toll’s participation was reduced from three to two Directors.  Leslie Welson and Steve Lowenthal were the first Regency residents to serve on the Board.